When I grocery shop, I will stock up on chicken breast when it's on sale, but then I'm always lost on how to prepare it. There's only so many ways to make chicken and I feel as if I've exhausted all of the options. That is...until I came across this recipe. Not only did my house smell amazing while the chicken breasts were baking, but it was so scrumptious! Hope you all enjoy this just as much as we did!
Cheddar Baked Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Ready In: 50 minutes
* 1/4 cup butter, melted
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 egg
* 1 tablespoon milk
* 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
* 1 cup crispy rice cereal
* 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut in half
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a medium baking dish with 1/4 cup melted butter.
2. In a bowl, mix flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg and milk. In a third bowl, mix the cheese, bread crumbs, and cereal. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour mixture, dip in the egg mixture, then press in the breadcrumb mixture to coat. Arrange in the prepared baking dish. Drizzle 2 tablespoons butter evenly over chicken.
3. Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until coating is golden brown and chicken juices run clear.